Today we are taking time to reflect, learn, and build our community stronger. We honour our relationship and connection to the Sts’ailes People and their territory that we reside on, here in Harrison Hot Springs. This live stream painting workshop will be brought you from the traditional territory of the Sts’Ailes People.
Come prepared to relax and have fun and take the time for yourself. This is for beginners and experienced artists and for people of all ages. The theme of the painting is an abstract landscape or waterscape inspired by Harrison Hot Springs. Come with a thought about a helpful person through the pandemic you have or a group of people you want to think about and honor as you paint.
- CANVAS heavy art paper or wood (surface to paint on) paint it white ahead of time, 2ft by 2ft is ideal but use the size you like
- PAINTS (acrylics) use what you have on hand or buy within your budget, choose colors you like at least 4 plus black and white, look at the samples and decide if you want to paint with warm colors (red, orange, pink) or with cool colors (blue, green turquoise) or a mix of colors, or neutral colors (black, greys, browns) The better the quality of paint there is the better your results will be
- BRUSHES (for acrylics) use what you have on hand or get at least 4 different sizes and also 2 one inch foam brushes
- SPRAY BOTTLE
- RAGS 2, TOWEL
- PAPER TOWELS
- CONTAINER WITH WATER 2
- PALLET (old cookie sheet, piece of acrylic or wood, I reuse Styrofoam meat trays) have one big one or a few small ones to mix paints in
- MIXER (pallet knife, wooden stick or chopstick…to mix paint)
- PENCIL and JOURNAL OR PAPER
- METALLIC PAINT optional
- STENCIL (paper doily, or a cut out shape that you like) optional
- MARK MAKING TOOLS (pencil crayons, felts, paint pens, spray paint, charcoal, pastels) optional
- Have everything ready to go before the class starts. P:ick up your Kids Craft Kit at the Visitor Centre and Sasquatch Museum.
- Wear comfortable clothing and an apron or clothes you don’t mind getting paint on.
- Bring something inspirational to you, a favorite shell or a leaf found on a nature walk, a saying or a poem. Some inspirational music to play for yourself.