Today we continue to take time to reflect, learn, and build our back community stronger. Our theme for this years Canada Day Celebration is Celebrating Canada’s Diversity. We honour our relationship and connection to the Sts’ailes People and their territory that we live, work, and play on here in Harrison Hot Springs. Our Canada Day activities will take place in the heart of Harrison Hot Springs, and on the ancient Village of Qwólts, as part of our Celebrating Diversity we recommend all attendees reflect and learn and visit Qwólts Park to learn more about Sts’ailes and the ancient Village of Qwólts .
WATCHING THE PARADE
Enjoy the Parade from 5:00 PM- 6:00 PM as it departs from Walnut Street and turns right up Hot Springs Road. The parade will then turn right onto Lillooet Avenue, and north up St. Alice Street. The route will turn right onto Esplanade Avenue and follow Esplanade until we reach Chehalis Street. The parade will return to the marshalling area via Hot Springs Road. We ask that you enjoy the Parade from a safe distance, ensuring that you keep to the sidewalks and do not come out onto the road at any point.
To facilitate the main parade at 5:00 PM the following roads will be closed from approximately 4:00 PM -6:00 PM:
- HOT SPRINGS ROAD from PINE AVENUE to ESPLANADE AVENUE
- LILLOEET AVENUE from ST. ALICE STREET to CHEHALIS STREET
- ST. ALICE STREET from LILLOOET AVENUE to ESPLANADE AVENUE
- ESPLANADE AVENUE from ST. ALICE STREET to CHEHALIS STREET
- MAPLE STREET from ESPLANADE AVENUE to CEDAR AVENUE
- CHEHALIS AVENUE from ESPLANADE AVENUE TO LILOOET AVENUE
PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE
Pre-register for the Canada Day Parade in Harrison Hot Springs!
Parade Date: Friday July 1st
Parade Time: 5pm – 6pm
Parade Assembly Area: Along Walnut Avenue.
Parking: 10 stalls will be reserved for your group in our overflow parking lot at the corner of Hot Springs Road and Miami River Drive.
Check-in with: Allan Jackson – he will be within the parade assembly area.
• Please arrive around 4pm – 4:30pm.
• Traffic control will start to close streets off at 4pm. Please advise them that you’re a parade participant and they should let you proceed along Hot Springs Road to the overflow parking lot.