Pre-Planned Itineraries to Explore The Harrison River Valley
The Harrison River Valley is the ideal base to explore the Fraser Valley in any season. After experiencing all that the Harrison River Valley has to offer, you can venture further afield. Within a 40-minute drive there are numerous activities and attractions awaiting you. Take a look here for a few ideas, or mix and match our suggestions to plan the perfect getaway. You might also like to try one of our prepackaged itineraries. Have questions? Call or email the Visitor Centre and the friendly staff will help you out with your planning.
The Harrison River Valley is the ideal base to explore the Fraser Valley in any season. After enjoying all that the Village of Harrison, Agassiz, and Harrison Mills have to offer venture out and discover the Upper Fraser Valley. Within a 40 minute drive there are numerous activities and attractions awaiting you. Take a look here for a few ideas, or mix and match our suggestions to plan the perfect getaway. You might also like to try one of our prepackaged itineraries. Have questions? Call or email the visitor centre and the friendly staff will help you out with your planning.
Email: [email protected]
- Sasquatch Mountain Resort – skiing, boarding, tubing or snowshoeing whatever your pleasure, Sasquatch Mountain Resort is located 30 minutes from Harrison is a fantastic family outing.
- Lights by the Lake– Ski Sasquatch during the day, and explore the Sasquatch lights by night. Enjoy the warm cozy Holiday feeling with Lights by the Lake. This free 8-week event features a Christmas light display along the front of the lagoon in Harrison Hot Springs. More Info.
- Winter Night Lights– Be dazzled as you explore the Winter Night Lights in Pioneer Park, in Agassiz, BC. Enjoy the beautifully lit trees, and capture that “Hallmark Moment” in the gazebo. While taking in the lights, do a little shopping in the downtown core!
- Starlight Staking Rink-After you’ve explored Lights by the Lake, bring your skates and take a lap on the Starlight Skating Rink.
- Eagle Viewing– Bald Eagles come to Harrison Mills in the 1000’s. This is the perfect fall and winter activity. Explore the Harrison River with Harrison Eco Tours for the best view of our magnificent Bald Eagles.
- Circle Farm Tour – great in any season, this self guided tour has expanded from Harrison and Agassiz into the whole Fraser Valley. Our Farm Tour includes cheese farms, lavender fields, and farm-to-table eateries.
- Geocaching – venture out on a high tech treasure hunt. GPS Rentals are available from Harrison Eco Tours.
- Forest Bathing-Take a hike. Explore the therapeutic side of Harrison’s local hiking trails. Ya Doma Forest & Nature Therapy offers guided therapy walks. Looking to just explore Harrison’s mountains? Guided hiking is available through Harrison Eco Tours.
- Tulips of the Valley – The Fraser Valley is the ultimate destination for all things tulips. Visit the Tulips of the Valley in Chilliwack, B.C.
- Bridal Veil Falls – see the Falls up close with its spectacular spring run-off creating a veil-like effect.
- Helicopter Tour – experience the region from the air on a helicopter tour with Far West Helicopters of Chilliwack. Specific Harrison Hot Springs tours are available.
- Cheam Wetlands – birders will enjoy this protected area which has recorded over 180 species in the park. It features 2km or trails and a viewing platform.
- Golfing at Sandpiper – nestled in a centuries old forest, Sandpiper is one of the most scenic courses in the province. Break out the clubs and enjoy a round in a spectacular setting.
- Sasquatch Provincial Park – explore the two lakes, Hicks and Deer, at Sasquatch Provincial Park just north of Harrison Hot Springs. The kids will enjoy the Ranger Naturalist Programs offered during July and August.
- Harrison Watersports Waterpark– Harrison’s very own version of “Wipe-Out!”. Jump off
- Explore Harrison Lake– In the summer there are so many ways to explore Harrison Lake.
- Circle Farm Tour-great in any season, this self guided tour has expanded from Harrison and Agassiz into the whole Fraser Valley. Enjoy lavender field blooms, friendly farms animals, and freshly roasted coffee. Bike this route to enjoy our scenic country roads.
- Hiking Trails– Get out into nature and breathe. The Harrison River Valley has an abundance of trails for all skill levels.
- Paragliding on Mt. Woodside – ideal for adrenaline junkies! Enjoy the thrill of flying over some of the best scenery in BC on tandem flight with Fly BC.
- Chilliwack River Rafting – add a white water rafting or kayaking trip on the Chilliwack River.
- Othello Tunnels – enjoy the Provincial Park in Hope with its 5 tunnels and series of bridges bored through the mountain above the Fraser River.
- Hell’s Gate Airtram – see the Fraser Canyon from the gondola crossing the Fraser River at Hell’s Gate and learn about the rich history of the region.
- Wood Sculptures in Hope – tour the townsite to view the extensive collection of chain-saw carvings which have earned the community the title of chain-saw carving capital of BC.
- Weaver Creek Spawning Channels – during the month of October venture out to the spawning channels to see thousands of sockeye salmon return and complete their lifecycle.
- Chilliwack Corn Maze – find your way out of the 10 acre corn maze or smaller hay bale maze; perfect for families
- Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve – situated along the Vedder River, visitors can walk the trails through the reserve where over 100 Heron nests are located and visit the interpretative centre.
- Bald Eagle Tour – best seen on a boat tour down the Harrison River. From November to January thousands of bald eagles nest in a one square mile area along the river; truly a spectacular sight!
Looking for a place to stay? Check out our accommodation listings.