Thinking about the Harrison River Valley often evokes memories of sun-drenched summer days spent lazing lakeside; but did you know that it’s also a fantastic destination for a wealth of fun winter experiences, activities, and events? There are so many great reasons to take a winter getaway, you might just find that winter will become your new favourite time to visit the valley!
Although our temperate climate means you’ll most likely see a lush green environment in the fields and forests of the valley, up in the mountains of Sasquatch Mountain Resort, the powder is plentiful! A variety of snowy sports can be enjoyed here: from epic skiing and snowboarding, to tubing and snowshoeing. After an afternoon on the slopes, you’ll love the convenience of grabbing a delicious bite on the hill. Choose from Molly Hogan’s Bar and Grill – the perfect place to sit back, warm up and refuel. Other options include The Chalet (yummy pub style eats), Peaks (quick grabs like burgers and pizza slices), and The Hideaway (salads, wraps, gourmet coffees and beer). Extend your stay to more than a day with a huge range of accommodations: Snowflake Resort Chalets, Bear Behind Lodge, Green Giant Chalet, Wolf Den at Sasquatch Mountain, Hemlock Hollow, and The Grizzly Den are all great choices!
Skiing and golfing on the same day? Yes, you can do that here! Challenge yourself to 9 holes, just a short 5-minute drive from the Harrison Hot Springs Resort at the Resort’s Golf Course. This PGA rated course spans 3,375 yards over 90 acres. Or, for a longer round, make your way to Sandpiper Golf Resort for 18 holes running 6500 yards alongside the sparkling waters of the Harrison River.
Book a stay at Harrison Hot Springs Resort and you’ll have access to their five glorious, hot mineral pools – 3 outside and 2 inside – all kept at different temperatures. Take a dip in all of them and find your favourite! The public hot springs pool is another inviting option: centrally located across the lakefront on the junction of Hot Springs Road and Esplanade Avenue, this indoor pool is kept at a soothing +38C and is available to all visitors of Harrison Hot Springs. A great way to ease your aches and pains.
Although the Season of the Wild is coming to its seasonal end, you’ll still find great eagle viewing through January! Visit Sandpiper Resort’s Eagle Viewing Trail and follow along as it winds its way through towering forests, across a rushing creek, and beside vibrant golf greens, until you reach the Eagle Viewing Gazebo, with stunning river and mountain views! An easy trail for getting your steps in and filling your lungs with fresh air (keep your eyes open for eagles or other wildlife)!
Whether you prefer a leisurely stroll around the Lagoon Trail, hot coffee in hand and best friend by your side; a longer hike amongst the tall cedars of the East Sector Trails, or a seriously challenging, snowy climb up Slollicum Peak (for experienced hikers only); our network of trails has something for everyone!
FISHING WITH BC SPORTFISHING GROUP
Experience the fishing trip of a lifetime on BC Sportfishing Group’s covered and heated boats. Their knowledgeable and professional guides will help you catch a whopper! Check out their day trips and vacation package options.
COZY CABIN & LODGE STAYS
A cozy cabin or lodge stay and winter go together like hand in (warm, fuzzy) glove! There’s nothing quite like the cozy, comfy feeling of sitting fireside, enjoying a glass of wine, sheltered from the chill outside. We have an incredibly wide range of options for cabin and lodge getaways, from rustic to luxurious.
STARLIGHT SKATING RINK
Bring your skates and try out our Starlight Skating Rink! This synthetic ice rink is free to use, you just have to bring your own skates as our rental booth is closed for the season. Come and glide, lakeside! Open until February 20th.
From comfort food at casual cafes to deluxe fine dining, our restaurants run the full spectrum! Enjoy your favourite comfort food at your favourite eatery. You’ll find plenty of choices here.
Culinary events, live concerts, arts, workshops: your calendar will be bursting at the seams. Here are some examples of upcoming events that will brighten winter days. Get more details on these events here.
– Rowena’s Inn on the River Whiskey Business. Every Thursday, January 12 to April 27, 5-9pm: Enjoy an elegant evening of whiskey sips, live music, cocktails, and tapas.
– Agassiz-Harrison Museum presents Judith Gillis “A Splash of Colour” Art Exhibit and Sale. January 18 – February 18, Wednesdays through Saturdays, 10am-4pm.
– Creekside Cheese + Creamery Pasta Workshop. January 21, February 4 & 18, 5:30pm-8:30pm. Chef Craig of The Chef’s Acre will teach you how to make filled pasta, fettuccini and tortellini!
– Suzie Vinnick and Lloyd Spiegel Concert, Presented by Harrison Festival Society, Saturday January 28, 7:30pm-9:30pm, Harrison Memorial Hall.
– High Tea at Rowena’s Inn on the River. Enjoy delicious cakes, scones, savoury sandwiches, and a spot of tea (or coffee), or a glass of prosecco! January 29 & February 26, 11:30am-2:30pm.
– Fraser River Lodge Valentine’s Dinner & Stay. February 10-11. Enjoy an overnight stay, 5 course chef’s table dinner & more.
– Rowena’s Inn Step Back in Time Valentine’s Dinner. February 11, 5pm-8:30pm. Sandpiper Resort. See the menu here.
– Rosier Concert, presented by the Harrison Festival Society. February 25, 7:30pm-9:30pm, Harrison Memorial Hall.
– Follow Your Heart Concert. In support of Variety – The Children’s Charity of BC. Enjoy an evening of musical entertainment hosted by Todd Richard.
We invite you to bundle up and head #justuptheroad to experience the winter offerings in the Harrison River Valley. For more information on these, or other Harrison activities and events, stop by the Visitor Centre at 102, 160 Lillooet Avenue, or follow us on Facebook or Instagram.