January 1, 2018
The end of a year marks a threshold…inviting pause.
Take time to reflect, look deep within, and set new intentions. Self reflection builds awareness, efficacy, and resilience, which will only help you to achieve your goals.
We are here to help you hit the ‘restart’ button as you begin 2018 with renewed focus.
“Today is the first day of Your 365 Day Book.
Write a good one.”
Studies show that nature:
– heals as it reduces anger, fear, and stress.
– We heal emotionally as our well-being connects with the natural elements.
– helps us cope with pain as we are genetically programmed to find forest and water soothing, thereby distracting us from pain and discomfort.
– restores as we increase our ability to pay attention.
– People find nature, inherently, interesting, providing respite for our overactive minds and refreshing them for new tasks.
-creates connection as the parts of our brains, associated with empathy and love, are activated.
– Nature inspires feelings that connect us to one another and our environment.
– Harrison is a land filled with meandering creeks, powerful waterfalls, mountaintop views, and deep forest and lakeside walks.
Go Into The Mystic:
Look to the trees on Harrison’s Spirit Trail and discover clay masks that were created by a local artist. His gift to the community created a deeper sense of connection to our natural landscape. What story do you hear?
Cross The Bridge “Of all of the paths you take in life, make sure
a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir. Take a leisurely walk on a moss-covered path and cross the bridge over the Miami River. The forest will rejuvenate from head-to-toe.
By ‘face time’, we are referring to the real thing. Stroll along
Harrison Lake and look ahead at Breckenridge Glacier. In the
face of time and wonder of Mother Nature, our
troubles are given perspective.
Happy New Year from our home to yours! May 2018 bring you peace, solitude, and joy!